Information: for more details about any of our products and services please contact Hydro Group Headquarters.
Hydro Bond Engineering Ltd was formed in 1982 by a team of experienced and qualified engineers with one objective and mission, to design innovative and unique underwater electrical and optical connectors, connector-cable assemblies and penetrators for the subsea oil & gas industry.
Hydro Bond Engineering established its core engineering base in Aberdeen to enhance and grow its customer base with the offshore oil and gas industry. The company further increased its capabilities over the years by becoming heavily
involved in Ministry of Defence projects and is now one of the preferred suppliers of electrical
and optical connectors and penetrators to many defence related companies.
Hydro Bond Engineering is now a major national and international supplier of harsh environment engineered connectors, cable-connector assemblies, glands, terminations and penetrators to the oil and gas, renewable energy and defence industry.
One Team Two Companies Unique Strength: The growing complexity of oil & gas underwater engineering projects necessitated specialist capabilities from specialist companies. Hydro Bond Engineering fitted the profile perfectly and witnessed rapid expansion in its field of subsea engineering. To support this new growth, Hydro Cable Systems Ltd was established in Arbroath in 1985. The new company was relocated to Aberdeen in 1991 to work along side its sister company Hydro Bond Engineering.
Today, Hydro Bond Engineering and Hydro Cable Systems currently operate under the holding company Hydro Group plc, headquartered in Aberdeen.
Hydro Bond Engineering: scope of work includes:
· Submarine Pressure Hull Glands
· Penetrators NPT, UNF, DDC, Fiber Optic
· Connectors – Deck Mateable, Underwater Mateable, & Non Magnetic
· Terminations – Optical, Kevlar, Wire Armour, Hybrid Connectors
· Offshore Installation & Termination, Moulding Polyurethane (P.U), Polyethylene (P.E), P.V.C., Hytrel, Neoprene.
· Miniature connectors.
· EXD rated connectors
· Junction boxes
· Cable Termination & Moulding
· Moulding kits
· Pressure Testing to 10,000 PSI / 6860 MSW / 689 BAR
· Project management
Hydro Bond Engineering in-house assembly technicians have been accredited the following standards;
· IPC-J-STD-001 qualified soldering instructor
· City & Guilds 3667 fibre optic cabling qualification