A career at Hydro Group plc is an opportunity to work for a major design and manufacturer of subsea cables and connectors. Hydro Group plc operates on a global platform providing total solutions to a portfolio of prime contractors, major operators, OEM's, defence agencies, defence organisations and the UK MOD. It's contributing to a team that values diversity, professional development and integrity in our people. It has an established reputation and profile throughout the world.
Hydro Group are committed to providing exciting, challenging, and innovative work opportunities, backed by a people strategy that recognises partnership between employees, business strategy and customer relationships.
We hope that our 'people strategy' energises our employees. Our employees demonstrate their commitment to the company through their hard work and in return, are supported in their efforts.
· Our positions are permanent, not seasonal or short-term contract
· We seriously don't age-discriminate
· Our apprentices are aged between 17 and 44 years
· Apprenticeships don't just apply to mechanical or machining jobs
· We have staff training in Accounts, Engineering, Machining, Maintenance, Technical and Sales
· Our young staff receive fully paid day release courses at College
· Our mature staff receive fully paid night classes at College or distance learning
· We have been in business since 1982 (30 + years) and have staff with the same length of service
· We all use our Christian names
· Our culture is truly equal and concentrates on respect and professionalism
· Staff are from Scotland, England, Wales, Poland, Venezuela, France and Singapore
· Our Staff are involved at all levels in the Business
· We actively encourage learning and development at all levels - even for Directors
· We help each other and don't believe in "that's not my job"
· Respect for others
· Initiative and team working
· Thirst for knowledge
· Pride in one's work
· Ability to join in
.... Join our team
Jim MacDonald: Technical Team
Gary Caunt: Production Director
Irene Buxton: Human Resources Director
Retirement doesn't always have to signal the end of professional life and recent research has indicated many workers are redefining it as a way to switch gears on the career front as opposed to grinding to a halt.
A survey conducted by HSBC on the future of ageing revealed more than 60 per cent of people wanted to work in some way after they "retired" and that many were hoping to work part-time but found most employers were less accommodating to part time or more 'mature' workers.
Hydro Group plc had an encouraging attitude towards a more mature generation of workers much earlier than legislated by the Government in Age Discrimination laws. As well as operating a highly-effective graduate and apprentice scheme, Hydro Group also have in place flexible working solutions to accommodate a team which includes five workers over the age of 60, two of whom are older than 65. back to top
If you wish to send us your CV in (.pdf) or (.doc), please click here.
Please browse our list of available vacancies / jobs below.